Monday, December 29, 2014

109 I Love ... sitting in some weirdly random place


I have sat this day
in the sunshine in a spot that I have never sat in the almost two dozen years
that we have lived here ...
 behind the barn on the cement pad,
 right beside a big pile of accumulated winter manure.

Yes. Donkey Exrement.

Yes. It's a tad bizarre.
For sure.

But the sun is beating down on me
 and it feels glorious.

And I dont mind the smell of donkey poop at all.
It's ab earthy, homey,
 almost comforting fragrance to me.

 I realize that I may basically alone in that observation.
 But that's okay.
 And so is sitting
 in a completely weird and random place. 
It works.

It's Good Friday.
It's ususally gray and suitably dismal this day;
 like the world is in mourning.
And so it should be.

This day is new life.
 And so I chose to spend my quietly,
 beginning this with great gratitude 
for my simple ability to
 Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment