Tuesday, January 7, 2014

7. I Love ... a Snow Day


Seriously.
I do.
I really, really, really do.

I love it
when the snow is 
whirling and twirling,
and the wind is
growling and howling.

I love it when 
I don't have to second guess
whether to venture out;
when there is absolutely no possibility
 for me to go 
anywhere;
even though I most likely
wasn't going to anyway.

I love it when
I think I shouldn't have to
work
even though
I don't have to leave the house,
which means
 I really don't have a
legitimate excuse.

I love it when 
the woodstove is roaring,
the kettle is hot
and my only mission
is to curl up with a 
book and cuppa.

I love it when
the roads are closed
so NO ONE
can go anywhere;
when everyone is home
Safe & Sound & Warm.

I always loved it when I
was young
and I woke up to
'ALL BUSES CANCELLED'.
I loved that same announcement
 when my kids
were at home.

I guess I have never got over that feeling
of a
SNOW DAY
being a
BONUS DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment