Saturday, January 4, 2014

4. I Love ...clotheslines


That's no secret.

My love of clotheslines
is well documented
in the four books 
that I have created.

I love
what they represent:
family,
home, 
simplicity.

Days when we took 
time
to let 
nature
orchestrate a bit of our day,
our life.

Soft breeze.

Sunshine.

The fragrance
of freshly washed bedding
when you climb
between the sheets.

I love 
driving around the countryside
and spying a line
that tells a story.

I love 
that some areas
still have wash day on Monday.
You only know that because of
clotheslines.
Dryers tell nothing.

I love the 
act
of hanging out the wash.
Co-ordinating it.

I have loved
watching
my line change over the years.
Growing.
Growing.
Growing.
In number and size.

Diminished now.
But every so often,
once again,
a little pair of sleepers.


No comments:

Post a Comment