Monday, January 6, 2014

6. I love ... reflection



Not the 'thinking' kind,
although that's okay too.
 I probably should be spending
more time in that activity.

It is of the
mirror image
that I speak.

If there is reflection,
there has to be
stillness
and
light.

I suppose that is relevant 
to the thinking kind as well.

In darkness it seems
that I do not gently reflect;
I am all over the place,
digging up random bits.
If I have a candle flickering,
I calm my mind
and reflection comes
easier.

But I digress.

The reflection of the image.
That is what I see,
dismissing the original;
looking
for the subtle differences
upside down;
watching
how the most gentle movement
can shift and distort it
but still
maintain
its 
recognizable form.

And perhaps even make it
more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment