Wednesday, April 9, 2014

98. I Love ... an organized Studio

Oh man,
I make a mess when I'm creating.
I pull out everything.
Paints, tools, glue, fabric, wire, wood
needles, pencils, embellishments.
Everything I make takes a LOT of
Stuff,
and I get it ALL out at once.

My studio looks like,
as my Mother used to say -
'a cyclone hit it'.

Before I get into a new project,
I take a few hours and re-group.
I put everything back where it belongs.
And as I do, I say -
sometimes even out loud -
'a place for everything';
I don't need to say the rest ...
'and everything in its place'.

I am actually well organized
when I take the time to be.

As I put it all back
in its place;
I always, always
discover
something unexpected,
something very cool,
something I had forgotten
all about.

That,
most often becomes
 the catalyst,
the seed
that starts the next
creation.

Being able
to see what you have
can do that.








another one ...
It's never been perfect;
it never will be
even though
I totally understand the
rhyme and reason
behind
'a place for everything'

I just move too fast
to keep that action.

Not that I don't want to
and most certainly
love it when I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment